DSYM CELEBRATES INTERNATIONAL DAY OF YOGA
(In association with S-VYASA).
21 June was declared as the International Yoga Day by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 2014. Yoga, a 5,000-year-old physical, mental and spiritual practice having its origin in India, aims to transform body and mind.
The declaration came after the call for the adoption of 21 June as International Yoga Day by Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi during his address to UN General Assembly on September 27, 2014 wherein he stated:
“Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfilment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and the nature. By changing our lifestyle and creating consciousness, it can help us deal with climate change. Let us work towards adopting an International Yoga Day.”
June 21, one of the two solstices, is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and has special significance in many parts of the world.
(S-VYASA – Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana)
The Archbishop Lanfranc Academy
PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY
• 8.00am – 8.45am – Meditation (for participants who practice Meditation regularly)
• 8.45am – 10.00am – Yoga session 1 (for participants who practice Yoga regularly)
• 10.00am – 11.15am – Yoga Session 2 (for beginners)
• 11.15am – 12.00pm – Guided meditation (for beginners)
• 1.00pm – 2.00pm – Lecture on Benefits of Meditation (Open to all)
• 2.00pm – 2.20pm – Laughter Yoga (Open to all)
• 2.30pm – 4.00pm – Concluding programme
Free Art of Living Workshops – Yoga, Breathing Exe, Meditation – click here to book
Laughter Yoga Workshops
Eva is a Laughter Yoga Teacher certified by the founder of the Laughter Yoga global movement, Dr Madan Kataria She strongly believes that cultivating the spirit of laughter nourishes our inner child and leads to a well-balanced, more aware and positive-oriented lifestyle. Her observed proof of this is what motivates her to keep on spreading the spirit of laughter wherever she can.
Originally from Italy, Eva started spreading laughter at the Science Festival of Genoa in 2010 she will be leading the Laughter session at 10am with Vivienne.
Lina -Star is, as well as being a Laughter Yoga Leader.:
Chi Gung instructor
Sound Healer and Tutor
Sacred Dance Drumming and dance facilitator.
We are looking forward to her Laughter Goddess session at 11am
Lidia is been LY leader since July 2011 and is one of the co-founders of Brighton Laughter Club. She is also a trained nurse. She is committed to making a difference in the world and believes in the power of laughter as a tool to support people’s well-being. She has studied non violent communication and NLP. She stands for love and affinity in the world.
MR HAPPY …all day!!
Will be leading with some of his energetic laughter exercises with Vivienne during the Presentation at 2pm
Mr Happy is a LY Teacher certified by the founder of the Laughter Yoga global movement, Dr Madan Kataria He has also qualified as a psychologist, lawyer, business man and trained athlete.
He is an energetic, enthusiastic, passionate and positive person. He shares his love of laughter yoga with everyone and brings joy and happiness wherever he goes!
Suryanamaskar (Sun Salutation) – Health for humanity
A workshop will be held every hour for 45 minutes from 10.00am – 1pm.
Suryanamaskar is a form of exercise with a series of 12 physical postures.
The benefits are:
• Tones up the digestive system by the alternate stretching and compression of abdominal organs. It activates digestion and gets rid of constipation and dyspepsia.
• Strengthens abdominal muscles.
• Thoroughly ventilates the lungs, and oxygenates the blood.
• Acts as detoxifying agent, by getting rid of enormous quantity of carbon dioxide and other toxic gases.
• Promotes sleep and calms anxiety.
• Tones up the nervous system & improves memory.
Workshops & Lectures will be held on:
• Ayurveda, Pranayam, Mantrachanting, Guided meditation, Chair Yoga,
• Yoga Therapy for common ailments – Diabetes, Blood pressure, Asthma, Arthritis, Back Pain etc by Dr Robin Monoro
Workshops will be held every hour for 45 minutes starting at 10am until 1pm.
Yoga fair Exhibitors:
• Several Yoga organisations
• Health products
• Vegetarian society
• Endorsed by the Indian High Commission
A stall serving delicious Vegetarian Indian snacks and home made award winning ice cream and cupcakes will be open all day.
Please register your interest in workshops. There will be a nominal charge of only £5 for each workshop
Getting to the venue:
Bus 264 either from East Croydon or Tooting Broadway underground station
Either from Wimbledon or East Croydon to Therapi Lane stop, from where it is 5 mintues walk.
Bookings will be available from first week of May 2015.
|Patanjali Yogpeeth||Indian Vegetarian
|Subrang Arts||The Art of Living (UK)|
|Curvesome Yoga||School of Yoga||Shishukunj London||Chinmaya Mission|